To our incredible community of visitors, artists, and supporters - First off, thank you. Our love for all of you runs deep and we are grateful to share in the work of Airlift alongside you. Y’all are essential to our project and our lives, and as such, your safety and well-being is of the utmost importance. To that end, we are temporarily closing the Music Box Village to aid in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. All Spring 2020 events will be postponed or cancelled, more information will come out in the days ahead. Ticket-holders will be contacted directly by email. Please stay tuned to our social media and our calendar for updates. Open Hours are suspended. Education programming will also be suspended until further notice. The loss of work and opportunities to people in creative professions cannot be overstated. We’re going to do our best to support our staff and create new opportunities for artists, both in their self-expression and in the hopes of generating income for them through this difficult time. We’ll announce more about these efforts in the coming days. If you are able, support in the form of merch or membership orders, and direct donations, is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, for now, here are ways you can engage with and support our ever-evolving project in musical architecture. 🔸Follow @neworleans.airlift and @musicbox.village on Instagram for highlights from our programs and new streaming content from local artists. 🔸Check out our Vimeo page for highlights from our concerts and past projects with collaborators like @bigfreedia , @tankandthebangas , @allencodrum , @anmlcollective , @nicholaspayton, @chrisunkim , and more. 🔸Visit our website to learn about our outposts and tours, our membership offerings, or how to host your special event in the Music Box Village. We believe in the power of creativity to unite, inspire, and innovate, and we are hopeful that these values will carry us all to bigger and better things on the other side. We will be closely monitoring the situation and following public health directives. Stay safe, make art, contact loved ones and wash those hands! #neworleans
- New Orleans Airlift's offices are generally open from Monday-Friday from 10AM-4PM.
- The Music Box Village does not have a public phone line; please reach out via email if you need to contact a member of our staff.
- Please note that while our staff is often on-site during the weekends, we tend to be busy coordinating events and serving visitors. As such, we may not be able to respond to your message until the following Monday.
- Thank You! We look forward to seeing you at the Music Box Village!
- Join our e-newsletter for updates on our performance schedule, ticketing, and more.
We welcome volunteers every weekday from 10am – 4pm, and on weekends & events. We have both indoor and outdoor tasks working alongside our artists and builders. Volunteers who log 40 hours or more are rewarded with event tickets!
New Orleans Airlift also offers internships for those seeking experiential training in the areas of marketing & communications, production, and fabrication. Internships can be done for college credit.
Become a Docent!
Become a docent at the Music Box Village, and help us share the excitement and wonder of "musical architecture" with thousands of visitors each year! Docents are an important part of the guest experience, and receive hands-on training in activating the installation. Docents are paid positions.
- Requirements: Must have consistent weekend availability
- A background in education, hospitality, or customer service is not required, but is certainly a plus!
- Email us with your resume and a letter of interest.